Hungerford Bridge - Part II. (preface)

Chez mr.le Marquis du Galipot.

We were ready to leave the caring services of George at Gordons Free Vintners, our bottle of Rich Bual Madeira "Good Company" under the arm (the little bow in the string so carefully prepared by George being large enough to take only a little finger, which my mentor Bill considered to be a little bit TOO noticeable on the Northern Line, direction Clapham South ) when we realised that to cross the Bridge with the bottle under the arm would probably be a dangerous undertaking. On top of which, to actually enter the Royal Festival Hall wine bar with an (albeit anonymous looking) article of the type, was not something one did.
So - we took the train back to Clapham South, which will delay the publication of part II until next week, which will give me time to figure out what the hell is going on with my BOG (sorry BLOG) spot!!
It should also give me time to figure out my reply (a spirited and fighting one) on the subject of "Fish and Chips", which I will (promise) publish tomorrow (barring a war between me and my PC, or Google, or Blogg, or anybody else!!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?