What makes the dutch tick? - Quotations - Sent Using Google Toolbar






                                              (A typical Dutch maiden)





This is an extract from a Website I discovered by accident. It seems to be run by some nut who thinks/beleives that others are willing and ready to pay 400euros to do a one day course to learn all about the Dutch!

I suspect he is an escapee from a Mental Institution somewhere in the world.

This is one of the "quotes" given on the site!

ATTENTION - The text may be considered by some as offensive in parts - but then it does concern the Dutch!

********************

What makes the dutch tick? - Quotations



Dutch sounds like nothing so much as a peculiar version of English (…) We would be walking down the street when a stranger would step from the shadows and say 'Hello, sailors, care to grease my flanks?'' or something, and all he would want was a light for his cigarette. It was disconcerting. I found this again when I presented myself at a small hotel on Prinsengracht and asked the kind-faced proprietor if he had a single room. 'Oh, I don't believe so', he said (in English), 'but let me check with my wife.' He thrust his head through a doorway of beaded curtains and called, 'Marta, what stirs in your leggings? Are you most moist?' From the back a voice bellowed, 'No, but I tingle when I squirt.' 'Are you of assorted odours?' 'Yes, of beans and sputum.' 'And what of your pits – do they exude sweetness?' 'Truly.' 'Shall I suck them at eventide?' 'Most heartily!' He returned to me wearing a sad look: 'I'm sorry, I thought there might have been a cancellation, but unfortunately not.' "



From: Bill Bryson. Neither Here Nor There. Travels in Europe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?