Predicted and scheduled events
- January 1 – Spain takes over the Presidency of the Council of the European Union fromSweden.
- January 4 – The Burj Dubai in Dubai, United Arab Emirates will be completed. It is already the tallest man-made structure ever built.
- January 15 – Annular eclipse occurs in Indian ocean. It can be seen in Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Uganda, Kenya, Maldives, southeastern ofIndia, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, central China. It is also the longest annular eclipse in the 21st century. 
- January 29 – Mars opposition with Earth will occur.
- February 6-March 20 - The 2010 Six Nations Championship will take place.
- February 12–28 – The 2010 Winter Olympics will take place in Vancouver and Whistler,British Columbia, Canada.
- The first flight of the SpaceX Falcon 9 commercial heavy lift launch vehicle.
- March 12–21 – 2010 Winter Paralympics scheduled in Vancouver and Whistler Canada.
- March 18 – On STS-131, the Space Shuttle Atlantis will use the MPLM Raffaello to deliverscience racks to the laboratories of the International Space Station.