Twitbook or Facer - as you please!

haiImage via Wikipedia
Years ago, I gave a guy I knew at the time a helping hand.
I'm always doing that, or was always, doing that. I don't anymore, 'cos people don't appreciate it any more - they take it more as their right!
Anyway - his little business was in Cards - greeting cards, birthday cards and all the rest, and he required someone who could come up quickly with a little quote - I suppose one could say a "jingle" - you know, like the text in the holiday cards - "Having a wonderful time 'cos you're not here" and so on....
I found that the very FIRST thought one had was invariably the best, if you started thinking about it, it didn't work!
On that basis, I was able to do upwards of a hundred per day, and you've probably seen them around - now you know ONE of the guys responsible!

At the time, I did it free of charge, and I'm still doing it free of charge, only nowadays it's called "Twittering" or "Commenting on Face book"!
Then, as now, I find it mentally quite exhausting, it's very interesting to do, but tiring. You have to find the halfway line between factual, informative, amusing, whilst not being abusive or insulting, but at the same time not accepting any old reply.
If you don't "Twitter" or "Facebook"- try it.
I use it now to keep the mind in training a little bit, and to push the advancing senility back a bit. Seems to work!
Some interesting contacts can be made, for example a collection of motley people from Brittany (the posh part) that I call the "BB's" (Brittany Bandits) although I don't tell them that!
You can find me on "Facebook" under "Ian Mitchell" and on "Twitter" under "mr le marquis" - and never the twain shall meet!

Comments

Unknown said…
Brittany Bandit?

I've been called many things but that's a first for me!

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?