A touch of the "Keefers".....!

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT......!

"une copie de votre pièce d'identité (carte nationale d'identité, passeport ou permis de conduire)
- un justificatif correspondant aux coordonnées de livraison (facture d'électricité........"
*********
This was what awaited me at 0430hrs this morning! A great start to the day!
First things first... I think I've got a touch of the "Keefers" - 23.30 to 0400 just a touch of sleep. Pointless, so one puts feet on the floor, and things start....!
I suppose I should be happy that at least I could send the things demanded by e-mail but....
1. Dig out the scanner, set it up, figure it out again (hasn't been used for years).
2. Make 4 or 5 attempts, to finally get what I wanted.
3. Go to "G-mail" to find out that those damned "whizz kids" at Google have had a new brain storm - as usual. it works, but very slowly - it'll take days before it's really working! In this respect, the kids at Google are as bad as the kids at Windows!
4. I need a new PC, but they won't send it to me until I've confirmed these things, like address, payment etc.....and I'm having all sorts of problems to do just that!
It's now just 0530!
Go over to the Linux machine to see if it's any quicker, just to find out that the Screen won't work, a problem with the transformer, I think (I hope - because I can change that cheaply).
Back to "old" - no "ancient" Windows PC, and finally, at 0630, I can send my e-mail, and - by accident, I find this in my "in" box - describes my current feelings precisely:

Today's Cartoon
Comics.com Copyright Scott Adams, Inc./Dist. by UFS, Inc.

Wonder oh wonder - I get an immediate reply - "Your mail with attachments has been received and will be dealt with immediately!"
I'll believe that when I see it!
The morning hasn't really started, I should still be in bed for the next 2 hours.....AND it's not the Friday 13th until the day after tomorrow!
Well, they do say a "Marquis work is never done"- all I have to do now is sweep and wash the ancestral home, dust, shopping, cooking, washing, ironing wash up dishes - and go to the toilet a few times (It's age!)
Just ONE of lives little wonders......!
And they call this a "peaceful and quiet pensioner's life" - Can I go back to work, please!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?