amazingly exciting and infuriating.....


and....unfortunately they are kept by people.......et - malheureusement c'est des gens qui les gardent.....
**********
John Cleese as a civil servant in the halls of...Image via WikipediaMost of us are used to Government Offices and their "gaffs". In the last few days, I've had my share and I've started wondering if anybody in the Civil Service of just about every country has the slightest inkling of what they are doing!
It does not inspire confidence when you go to the local Administration to get a piece of paper stamped proving that you're alive and nobody knows just how to fill it in. Nobody knows where the stamp should be applied. World shattering news - "If I'm asking my colleague, it's because I don't know how to do it!"
Neither does her colleague, so - what the devil are they doing there?
My suggestion that they stamped the bit of paper anywhere, but also stamped my forehead as proof I was alive was not appreciated.
Sorry, I was, myself, a "Civil Servant" and strangely enough - I was firstly - civil and a servant and secondly I was capable and competent.
I didn't have children to take to school, to the dentists, to the doctor's and then pick them up again afterwards, I simply had my work to do - politely and efficiently, and if I didn't - I would have been thrown out!
It's great fun, also, to apply for Birth, Death or other certificates to be told it will only cost you so and so much, and that they are actually replying to "requests" from December 2010......!
First class service - and they tell me that there are too many "Civil Servants" everywhere. In which corner of the building are they hiding?
You know the most amusing fact?
If you do nothing (as a Civil Servant) except be inoffensively absent, they'll give you: 
Civil Service Faithful Service Medal in Gold R...Image via Wikipedia
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?