As you regular readers are probably aware,  I find myself at the moment in a place called Floral Park, New York - USA due to  a decease in the family.
Always difficult to justify one's presence or not, invited and/or expected to make an appeaance, or not - I have been unable to attend 3 funerals in the last 10 years, basically for the same reasons, simply financial!
This time around, this reason did not exist, and with any chance, I should get to see one of my nieces halfway between her residence and ours as well!
I intend to use this article to show a little of mysef and Tina Concetta in her "natural surroundings" - she it was who lost her mother just 7 hours before we landed at JFK Airport. Her father died some years ago, but she still has 2 sisters and a brother all who live in or around this area, and they all grew up in this building I am now staying at. I was obliged to be present at the wake, which thankfully was only 1 day, and forced me to try to put around 400 new names to new faces......she was a popular woman.
Flag of Floral Park, New YorkFlag of Floral Park, New York (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
In fact the Priest who conducted the ceremonials made it a little easier for me - he had a strange accent so I asked him later, in French, if he was in fact French!
He was delighted to say yes, and spoke for a long time in French with me! He came from French Guyana and had been sent to the multi-kulti New York, but to a predominantly Italian neighbourhood!

Downtown New YorkDowntown New York (Photo credit: sreevishnu)
Multi-Kulti..........



From a country known for this,   to a country known for this,
You see - it's not only the Army that gets things mixed up now and then.......although I quite like Kentucky Fried, but not daily, and not permanently in doggy bags............
Yep - sure is me!
!Enhanced by Zemanta
Finally, to round off part one of this history, here are a couple of photos......
a NY Diner......
and the guy who ate there!
 She wasn't allowed! 
Diat, and KFC are applying strict rules as to who can order and eat........!

Well - that's part one of I don't know how many, but we will be going to areas hit by the hurricanes as well as Manhatten etc........so keep looking in!



Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?