On the 11-11 at 11.11 there are various things to be regarded!
In UK and other Commonwealth/ex-empire.....
Remembrance Day. In USA
Look through this list to see the different celebrations.
Holidays and observances
- Christian Feast Day:
- End of World War I related observances:
- Armistice Day (New Zealand, France, Belgium and Serbia)
- Independence Day, commemorates the anniversary of Poland's assumption of independent statehood in 1918 (Poland)
- Remembrance Day (United Kingdom and the Commonwealth of Nations, including Australia and Canada)
- Veterans Day, called Armistice Day until 1954, when the holiday was rededicated to be in honor all American military, naval, and Air Force, veterans. (United States)
- Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Angola from Portugal in 1975.
- Lāčplēsis Day (Latvia)
- Opening of carnival ("Karneval"/"Fasching"), on 11-11, at 11:11. (Germany, the Netherlands, and other countries)
- Pocky Day and Pretz Day (Japan)
- Pepero Day (South Korea)
- Republic Day (Maldives)
- Singles Day (China)
- Women's Day (Belgium)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related toNovember 11.|
Many many years before, 'Karneval' or 'Carnival' started! Now called the 5th season of the year, it lasts until March/April
' Carnival is a festive season which occurs immediately before Lent; the main events are usually during February. Carnival typically involves a public celebration or parade combining some elements of a circus, mask and public street party. People often dress up or masquerade during the celebrations, which mark an overturning of daily life.'
The history is interesting, but certainly the 'goings-on' are totally different from elsewhere in the World on the same day!