IMPORTANT - TRUE KEYS and your PC

Informations on these links: https://www.truekey.com/fr http://www.intelsecurity.com/

Image result for PC'sLast night was not a good night. Couldn't get to sleep, my brain was racing in all directions so I decided to put the Radio on. I finally had just fallen asleep when I was jolted awake! By what? SILENCE! Once again, my pc had turned itself off - no Radio! The same thing that happens when you have an update from Windows - when the update is finished, Windows can 'force' the pc to close down, and you have to restart it.
I did just that, and I found myself on the normal 'log-in' page, with a difference.
Instead of putting my password in, I found an extra possibility....'Carry on without password' (on the bottom left side) together with 2 other possibilities.Image result for True Keys for Windows 10
This was new to me, so I had a look. It turns out it's really a programme to save a 'master' password called 'True Keys' (see link above)
Now I have had to change passwords recently, due to the theft at my home of CB's and other details, but - upon reflection, I thought it was maybe NOT such a good idea to have just one master password which would give access to all of my Accounts and programmes.
One theft or publication would give the thief access to everything!
Google Chrome have been plugging their new system for some time now, a sort of double sign in programe where you have to add your mobile phone number as an added security measure.
Google then send you an SMS with a code nuber which you have to enter. That is at least some kind of security - any thief would have to steal your phone as well!
Image result for google signing in and securityhttps://myaccount.google.com/?pli=1 

This new thing seems to come from 'Macafee', and I think I prefer Google.
You can turn the 'True Keys' affair off by going to your Windows Settings - open your Windows by pressing the button on the bottom left of yur screen - normally at the top of the list you'll fnd 'True Keys' - To install it, click on the link and follow the directions - to 'Disinstall' it, right click and choose 'Disinstall or Uninstall'

Your Decision.......!      Image result for Decisions, Decisions

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?