Health, but not at all.

Health - Something I had relatively a solid version of, seems to have deserted me for some time.
In the last few years, I have passed through cardiac problems, to the current situation of Medicaments daily up to 13 per day, with stents, bypasses and now (for some years) a 'built in defibrillator'.
These problems, and the medicaments, took their toll, and led to complications.Stomach ulcers were caused by one, other things were caused by others....all these medicaments, did their job, but led to other health problems. They are all necessary for the function of living, so the option of not taking them was not available.
On top of these problems,I recently (some 4/5 years ago) took up close relations with an American/Italian lady, and with time, came love.Not of a sexual variety, we are both retired and rather elderly for such frivolities (not that it is limited to young people, but......). 
We set up home together, and I love this lady as much, and as well, as I am able to.
However, certain supplementary problems came up. 
We had to arrange a large number of 'official documentary' problems, which took YEARS and were always the source of extra problems.
She had the same things to be arranged in the USA, with the same difficulties!
We both did our best, and we did get a lot of the things arranged.
Tina was admirable, very forceful all this time, and She had enormous pressure to put up with with my Health issues, but she did.
The biggest problem was - and still is, that she doesn't speak any French! 
This meant I had to be involved with all official matters, apart from her Pension from the USA.....
Health Insurance in France, Social Offices,Income Taxes - many other things were at my doorstep. 
Income Tax is not payable,not enough income, any Credits I have are insured, and in any case, We are not married so she will not inherite except by her own wish and my Will & Testament - the only positive point in this story - She can always refuse to recognize herself as Heiress! This means she would get nothing, but would not be responsible for any debts I incrued.
The problem remains - THE LANGUAGE......Who is going to help her?
The first thing would be to sort out, somehow, a telephone. I don't know how it works, but both Mobile Phones and the Internet Box with fixed telephone, are in my name with SFR.
Tina would have the chance to take simply the minimum, or change provider. BUT - she would need someone to do it in French for her, I just don't know how she can do it. Use what time is available after my death to use the phones available or get someone else to use their phone.
I am going to try to have the things changed to her name which would leave me the problem of changing should she leave this world first. It's one or the other and up to the point We'll have to figure out how I put money onto her Account before my death - to cover all sorts. I can't simply change the name to hers, because if she goes first then I can't get anything done at all. I'll have to try to find out if We can have a 'joint account', even although I know from my experiences in Germany on the death of my first wife, I had to wait for weeks/months to have living money!
Maybe the Banque here can give me some kind of advice.
Barring an accident, there should be one of us left with a Bank Account with some money on it - in the case of an accident, neither of us would be bothered!
She would have to apply, in French, for French State Aid (for Rent for the Appartment payment called 'APL') - her Health 'Carte Vitale' French National Health System Card, and her Mutual Insurance called Apreva, should be valid, the 2 private Insurances - 1 for Death Burial Costs and 1 for a Pension in case of Accidental Death  thing should stay the same, but she will eventually have to change Car Papers/Insurances, all in French maybe even the car itself. She can barely walk, due to her back, so help will be needed from some French Civil Service place!
I will be dead and can't help. 
Once again, all these things, still ongoing - took their toll.
My own health went downhill rapidly, and her own health became very fragile.
For myself, my worries for her - when I pass away, were and are- enormous.
I have done what I can for my passing, in the form of Death Insurances and many other things, but of course I had never expected to set up home again at 65/66 years of age, or that I would have to think about the future of somebody else in their later life, so - apart from the Funeral Insurance from 'AVIVA' (which is valid and should cover the basic costs along with the German Death Grants) and the 'Juridique Insurance' from 'La Banque Postale' both of which are together in the files available and papers Tina may have, my attempts to find solutions were unsuccessful. 
Life Insurance Companies don't want to know you at that age, and to buy property or valuables would need that Huge Lottery Win!
Wills and Testaments have been made and they are handwritten and signed in the same 2 clip files, but there is very, very little to leave her.
I am not allowed to re-marry at penalty of losing my Widower's Pensions from Germany,so even if married, there would be no Pension coing over, just as I wouldn't get any Pension from her American Insurance. My UK Pension is so small it isn't worth talking about......so is the German one...basically we could JUST live each on our own, but only JUST! There are 'Death Grants' from Germany for my funeral costs but they must be demanded - in German!
Yes, She has her own Pension from the USA, but it would be very difficult to live on that.
There are no properties or valuable belongings, so basically She will be reliant on her Pension Income.
I guess all these things took me on the path of Anxiety.
I suffered, and still am suffering. 
So did She, and still is! 
The whole story takes me back to 14-16th Centuries!
I suppose there are still people nowadays in this World who suffer even more than We - somewhere!

Briefly, I must now face up to the fact that I must seek advice on my Anxiety which has become a Severe Depression.
I intend to do so, but at my age I think I risk death before cure, which, of course, helps nobody!
In fact, as I write, I have just found out that I am a 'junkie' - that means, the Medecine 'Seresta' used for anxiety, has actually started off 2 things - the Anxiety won't be treated and - trying to reduce the amount taken - I started an issue of 'DT's' - often associated with too much Alcohol - in fact reducing too quickly the amount of Seresta can start an issue as well,and that is what I think happened. 
I tried to reduce Seresta from 3 @10mg per day, down to 2 @10mg per day.
That worked, but I was too quick to try and reduce just to 1@10mg per day .
That didn't work and I was back to the departure point - which hasn't worked either!
Possibly a different medecine or different doses of Seresta will be/are needed.
I will be trying to find help from tomorrow the 31st July 2017 at my Doctor and at a local centre.
It seems that both conditions, 'Anxiety - panic attacks' and 'DT's are treated, or can be treated, with the same medicament.....SERESTA....but in different quantities!
Well, I intend to find out about that from tomorrow, but it's going to be long, and I will need Tina's help as she will need mine. 
I hope we can work it out.
***************
This is not going to be published generally, until something happens, particularly in the Severe Depression matter -aspect treatment or other.
From then, it's up to Tina to decide what to do with it, to send it to who etc....
Finally, I can only say that I find it ironic - I made a point of staying away from 'Hard Drugs', yes - I drank with friends, in business, for pleasure, I probably (like many, many people) overdid it now and then, I smoked - like 100's of millions of others, the 'Social' drugs, but NEVER, EVER, anything illegal, not even those considered legal nowadays....
Well - look where it's gotten me!
A druggie because of basically - Cardiac medecines......! 
                               ***********
I'm going to put Tina's photo on here - She can always take it off if she wishes to.
I love you.
I have put another Post, entitled 'Posthumous' which I have asked Tina to publish, after my death.
It doesn't say much more than this one, except in different words!

Goodbye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?