Comedy dies slowly.

After the sad, but to be awaited (at his age) news of the demise of Ronnie Barker, I felt in the mood to render my homages to this "un-handsome" but truly amusing/funny person.

He accompanied me and my generation (as well as others) through many problems, and helped us all by amusing us with his comedy.

Day in, day out, we get more news of someone else who has fallen victim to the passage of time, and each time, the same question flashes across my mind - where are the people to replace these icons? Where are the singers of "normal - agreeable" music, where are the comedians with new jokes and situations to amuse us? Where are the artists and painters capable of works we can all understand? Where are the politicians we can trust? Where are the "characters" required to make the world go round, and not up and down?

I do my best, but I need the help of all the others out there awaiting "discovery"!!!!!!!!

Has life become so serious that one can't "gently" mock oneself, and maybe others?

Sad, sad place, made only a little sadder with the disappearance of Mr R. Barker. Laugh Comedian Bye Bye








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?