December - A personal Account of 2009

December - A personal Account of 2009
Final part!

  Time passes, and we're already at the end of 2009...!

Don't you feel a lot older, wiser and wearier...Like me....?

By the nature of things, a bit of this account will have to be "divination" since we're not there yet, but if you think I'm going to wait until the last stroke of midnight on the 31st.....!

In any  case, the month of December is never very eventful - more a recuperation from the dead month of November! Sometimes exciting things happen, like waiting for a pension payment that never arrives, but this December was not of that type!
The only things of note that happened was the re-appearance of what the hospital doctor had called "a common hernia" in the stomach area!
It was disturbing, because it hurt, and because this time it was higher up - under the rib cage, but on the right hand side.
I had thought about cardiac problems again, but that's the other side - isn't it....?
Anyway - all they have to do is "unzip" me!
Might mean an unscheduled visit to the Doctor, but.....after the holidays'!
I suppose these things are sent to trie us, but I'm having a lot of trials recently!
December also brought, for once, some good news! 
After some 3 years of complaining, the water company finally decided I may have been right with my assertion that I couldn't possibly use 75 cube metres of water in 6 months - all by myself in a small flat! 
Instead of demanding the usual 80+ euros they demanded nothing and paid me 40 odd euros back! 
The wheels of the utilities grind small - and damned slowly...!
Only thing that I need to do now is to finally get the owner to replace the corridor windows, or at least put SOMETHING in the open space, so that the outside air of around 0-Centigrade doesn't have to be heated by me as well! 
I doubt that his own home is the same, his wife and kids wouldn't allow it!
How about reducing the rent until something's done? 
If I alert the Social Services (as they want me to) the ancestral home would probably be closed down - leaving me ...where?
Ah yes - ancestral homes - the problem for aristocrats since time immemorial!

Wonder where 2010 is going to lead to........?



So - there we are, it's the 21st December 2009!

This personal account of 2009 is finished, you can follow the last few days of the year on my Weblogsites and Sites - from this link you'll find all the other ones:


Christmas and New Year in the next week or so, and with a little luck, I may get through!

All ready to start the "same procedure as last year"!

If not - bye bye and good luck.......!



iwmpop (mr le marquis)      -       30600 Vauvert, France
                                                      
                      **** December 2009 *****
I.W. Mitchell

                                   
           




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?