Windows once upon a time....!

Still watching out for you........!


[http://www.infopackets.com/news/software/windows_tips/2010/20100127_win7_upgrade_guide_from_outlook_express_to_thunderbird.htm]
Image representing Windows Live Mail as depict...Image via CrunchBase
I'm (trying) to change to Linux SLOED, and other have gone to Macs, but there must be a lot of you out there who have bought Windows 7.
I still interest myself for Windows, who knows when, and with what, I may have to "modernize" my laptop...if XP dies!
I don't go into enormous detail, but when I  see something interesting, I read it and pass it on!


Outlook ExpressImage via Wikipedia
Image via Wikipedia

This one interests me a lot -OutlookExpress was one of the most interesting and useful aspects of Windows, and now...?
http://www.infopackets.com/news/software/windows_tips/2010/20100127_win7_upgrade_guide_from_outlook_express_to_thunderbird.htm  (You can read the whole page here)
*************

" Dear Dennis,
I finally made the plunge to Win7, thanks to your series of articles onupgrading from XP to Windows 7.
I noticed that Outlook Express is no longer part of Windows 7. Question: is there another email program similar to Outlook Express, and one that can import all my old Outlook Express emails for use on Windows 7? I've archived many Outlook Express emails over the years that I would still like to keep. "
My response:
I faced the exact same issue when I upgraded to Windows 7.
In short: Microsoft chose not to bundle an email program with Windows 7 because they want to re-brand MSN Messenger and Outlook Express (plus other programs) under one name, namely "Windows Live Essentials."
I had a chance to look at Windows Live Mail and, frankly, I didn't care for it. I chose to go with Mozilla Thunderbird as my default email client. Thunderbird is made by the same folks that make the Firefox web browser. It isn't exactly the same as Outlook Express, but it has a similar feel to it, with a lot more features and is updated regularly.

Importing Outlook Express Email to Thunderbird







Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?