I've got yet another problem with this issue...

  Just today, the European Institutions demanded that France stop the deportation of "Rom" people, on the basis that they are European citizens and as such have the right to "voyage" within ALL EC Countries free of control.
I would normally agree with them, but as I have explained elsewhere, this does give certain problems.
The fact is that free movement was conceived and planned for Europeans who wished to seek employment elsewhere, who were basically solvent, financially and who had some form of Health Insurance cover.
It was even accepted that "Social" lodgings could, and would, be offered to such "travellers".
The "Gens de Voyage - ie the "ROM's" do not want that, they prefer their caravans.
Fine by me, and France is one of the few countries in Europe who actually have put special areas of camping for them, in place, complete with running water, toilets, electricity, and various other services.
All I ask now, is that the European authorities make it clear that these facilities are available to ALL European Citizens, in the sense of the various European treaties i.e. Equal possibilities for every one who is withing European law.
In other words, I could take my camping holidays almost free of charge, all over Europe, by staying simply at one of these camps installed for "Rom's".
Of course I would inform the Authorities that I was looking for work!
I still don't think they would accept it, and most probably the people who would resist the most at my installing myself on "their" sites,  would be the "Rom's".....!
That's my problem........! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?