2011 already - for me anyhow....!

 I'm really rather proud of myself!
After nearly a year of sitting around with a brand new PC, much, much better than the old one, but which didn't work, thanks to the incapabilities of MSI and their so called Technicians, even after 3 journey's (paid for by them) Vauvert - Paris - Brussels - Amsterdam - some little place in Holland ....and back....YES...THREE TIMES....!
One would think they would finally do something reasonable, but no....just send it back with the same old system from 2004 or so, needing updates (payable) for a Linux system proud of saying that it was free, and even then - didn't work!
After partitioning (and if you don't know what that is be thankful) I finally got it to use Windows XP - except it refused to go onto the Internet and was therefore practically USELESS....!
Finally, fed up with waiting for promised discs to return - Post or whatever - I took an Installation disc for a truly free Linux system called UBUNTU....
Well, well - looky there....! Not only did it install itself, but it installed itself incredibly quicker than WIN XP, it also told me immediately that two updates were necessary, so I downloaded them as well - they were free, and after around 20 minutes, I had a system working perfectly - and for FREE!
So much for the pro's at MSI....what a wonderful advert for their products and after sales "service"....my advice to anyone - don't touch anything coming from MSI - not because the product is necessarily bad, but because the support is almost non-existant, and doesn't repair anything anyway...on my experiences.
Just a last little point.....this UBUNTU ...  system I installed, I installed from a disc that I had seen advertised on the Web - in 2008, with the offer of sending it FREE - by snail post, to your address. I received it 3 days after requesting it, but couldn't use it on my old PC.
You need a minimum of around 400MB's of RAM, and at least 4GB's of free space - and I didn't have either!
But.......see....MSI and all the other doubters....I've got a system that works impeccably, for FREE with more apps than Windows can ever SELL you, and I didn't even have to pay the postage stamp...!
If you're of Scottish origin....everything is possible....!
Now I'm off to try to understand even more....but there's one hell of a lot to understand, changing all the time!                Forums, courses but above all a system that works - all for free....!
Think about it next time you have to buy something with usb's....!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?