Mrs Elizabeth Mitchell


Memorium Mrs E Mitchell

*************************************************
Mrs Elizabeth Mitchell




Ian W. Mitchell,
4 Rue du Marche,
30600 VAUVERT,
FRANCE.
 
Tel: 0033 4 30 08 50 56
 
7th December 2010.
 
"On the sad occasion of the passing of our Mother, Elizabeth, from this World into other realms, although not unexpected due to her long illness, and advanced age, I would like to take the opportunity to simply say thank you to those people who helped her in her later days, and who are helping at the moment.
My relationship with my Mother was a difficult, often trying one, for both of us.
Differences of opinion on basic matters of belief, manners of living, together with geographical separation due to our various callings, made contact difficult to maintain.
Both my parents came to Germany and to France to visit myself and my late wife Kathleen (nee ODELL) and we passed a normally agreeable period during those visits.
My mother was always pleased to try to "set her mark" on the local people, by finding, for example, the one and only Bakery in France who wrapped fresh bread in protective paper, and although upset by the fact that the French spoke only French, and were therefore "unapproachable", a disappointment to her because she enjoyed trying to have contact with locals - wherever - she enjoyed her visits to us.
Her passing is, no doubt, a setting free from lamentable health conditions, which only she could truly explain - were she able to. It is also an end to an interminable search for her personally.
I trust she will now be happy to be possibly at peace and rejoined with her husband, my father, Thomas.
I regret not being able to be present, for various reasons, at today's ceremony, and I hope you will be able to understand and forgive my absence."
 
Ian Watson Mitchell -  Vauvert, France  -  
7th December 2010  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?