Fanatics (1)

...Today would have been his 65th birthday...he would finally have been ready to apply for his old age pension, but I somehow think he wouldn't have.
Not because he didn't need it, but because he wasn't old enough in the mind!
I was late getting to know him and the group ....Queen, and somehow - I don't know why - I never associated the name of the group nor their antics with a gay scene. I suppose because the music was so enjoyable, and that's saying something from somebody who is more inclined towards classical and opera style music than the "popular" stuff.
I think I first became aware of them through this series of concerts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDckgX3oU_w

but it was only after reading his (Freddie Mercury) small "biography", that I was interested, and went looking and listening! I ended up with all of the CD's of both  and   the group....!

A most remarkable story - from beginning to end, and the ending is probably the most remarkable piece of "pop" music I've ever heard.
I'm talking about the absolutely last CD made by the singer and the group, and I'm talking about the absolutely last track on that absolutely last CD.
It's made more remarkable by the fact that it doesn't exist - at least not on the titles......not on the cover I have....it's only when you open it and play, it using a pc and a media center, that it's shown up on the list as "untitled" - at least on my copy -  even more remarkable because the track itself lasts almost 20 minutes, and the listener believes it's finished a number of times before it actually is.
The track is to be found on the disc

 .."Made in Heaven"...basically a collection of final songs where the approaching death through "AIDS" is dealt with.
This final track is best described here:


"The 15th studio album of Queen is a work which is one of a kind in the history of rock music. It was released four years after the vocalist Freddie Mercury’s death and contains the last vocal parts he ever sang. It is reported that Freddie worked on recording his vocal parts almost till the end, as long as he was able to come into the studio.


progarchives.com
Tracks.
01.- It’s A Beautiful Day
02.- Made In Heaven
03.- Let Me Live
04.- Mother Love
05.- My Life Has Been Saved
06.- I Was Born To Love You
07.- Heaven For Everyone
08.- Too Much Love Will Kill You
09.- You Don’t Fool Me
10.- A Winter’s Tale
11.- It’s A Beautiful Day (Reprise)
12.- Yeah
13.- Untitled"



The final track is really remarkable, and anyone who has the disc, or can get a copy, should take the time to sit down in a corner, with earphones on, and concentrate on that last track - don't give up because it seems to be finished... it isn't - not until the end....and he'll tell you when that is!

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?