The time of year.....

It's getting cooler in the mornings, so cafe on the terrasse is becoming rarer

but a glass at the Cafe is still allowed and watching the French go about their daily tasks as well

Whilst others, elsewhere, pass their time in doing silly things,
Prince Harry told reporters the chamber had been 'cold.'

Chocolate biscuits and....tea!
http://www.itv.com/news/story/2013-09-17/prince-harry-walking-with-the-wounded-south-pole/
Even if the 'hardy Royals' enjoy this kind of pastime, it is definately not my cup of tea!
The times they are a'changing - but then they do every year, and I suppose we have little to complain about. Right now, the mornings are taking a slight chill to them, today, at 7am it was only 18C, and I was cold! 
Of course, it doesn't help when a certain person can only sleep with ventilators on and windows wide open.....!
True, I, like many others, am probably spoiled, being used to higher temperatures all year round than in the Scottish highlands, but then - that's why I left there so long ago. The thing is - cold is possible to alter, with heating or even cheaper with thicker clothes, heat is more difficult to control with air conditioning, I suppose, but I don't support the brusque changes from outside 35C to inside 18/20C and invariably I have the pleasure of catching a summer chill with the vast number of sneezes, coughs and splutters that go with it!
I like my warmth, so long as it is not accompanied by high humidity, which fortunately is not the case here. Even in cold weather a low humidity is necessary for me to feel good....when I lived in the mountains of Southern Germany, we often had temperatures down to -20C but with a humidity factor of  30 - 40%, actually quite pleasant.
Recently, in New York, in May, we had a few days of almost 40C and humidity of around the 90% level....the slightest movement outside was torture!
Well - it is mid September, and we can expect lower temperatures than in July/August, and at least it does still warm up nicely during the day to a pleasant 24/26C - still cool enough to keep you away from the beaches, but mild enough to enjoy a glass on the terrasse of the local Café....which is where I'm going now - no physiotherapy today, no hospitals, no doctors, no pharmacies....what's going on - I must be ill!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?