Scotland....Independant....?

Although the whole thing doesn't really concern me too much, being Central Europe based for health, social and pension questions, I think I should say a few words about the situation coming up shortly in Scotland, my country of birth.
Scotland is a rich country which has been exploited for centuries, mainly by the English.
We have smoked salmon, fresh salmon and fishery products in enormous quantities - we have oil - we have whisky - wool and textiles- we have many other products of 'de luxe' and we EXPORT........
 a very important part of every countries economy.
Last night there was a TV debate between 2 candidates, leading ones, and a point was made about the € and the GBPound.
The point was made by the Scottish representative that the GBPound is just as Scottish at the moment as English, something not accepted by the other person!
Personally I think that in the case of Scotland voting for Independance, then the € should be adopted.
Just because the English are stupid enough not to have accepted it doesn't mean the Scots must do the same! No doubt the vote in 42 days will tell us what is going on! 
I won't be going back to vote, and nobody will ask me to vote by post so I guess I'll just watch from afar - Yes, it would arrange things if Scotland had Independance and was a full member of the EU, but you can't always have what you want........

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?