Well - we're almost at the end of the 7th month of 2016, not a happy year to date health wise for me.
Between Hospital (Cardiac ongoing and new stomach ulcer problems) have kept me to my bed - in hospital or at home.
Just the little matter of a stubborn influenza/cold, probably picked up in the hospital (as Tina did too) complicated things.
      I can tell you that 7 months lying on the sofa with occasional outings to the hospital are not the ideal way to pass the time.
It's slow, very slow, but I think I'm slowly getting better. Day daily there are periods where I'm not too good but they are getting fewer.
I must mention the function of Tina Concetta Marzocca, my companion.
She has been fantastic, even through the period she was ill herself.
Even during the period I had no appetite at all (stomach ulcers mainly) she shopped and cooked daily.
I tried to eat what I could but digestion was, still is, rather difficult.
The things I like or love like meat, cheese etc are not really in right now.
I even got as far as trying baby food!See original image  Some was actually quite nice, anything else had to be really overcooked or in purée form.
A nice bloody steak - no way, my liver as I like it, just 10 seconds each side, nope!
Tina also made use of the times I was in hospital to attack the things she wanted to do like heavier curtains to block the late evening sunshine - no good for my Migraine - and lots of things on the walls. It all looks really nice.
Without doubt I could not have managed at all without her, she's also my nurse and pill preparer ( around 14 pills daily over three mealtimes). Even our Doctor was impressed by her prowess!

Without doubt it would not have been possible without her aid.

My Migraine came back (reflected light induced called 'Migraine Aura' ) making it impossible to watch TV or even a PC screen. I listened to my little radio with earphones that Tina had bought for me! The only distraction!

Now I'm slowly on the mend but touching wood daily that we can start going out so Tina can take her photos - get the 'study' sorted out (it's an absolute mess) find all the things we can't find.... live normally for hopefully a good long time!
Right now, with cough, pflegm, runny nose and all, I have to go outside and try to break down all the cardboard boxes to get them in the car and off to the tip...
so I'll say bye-bye for right now.......



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?