Healthy....not for me!

See original imageLet me tell you a story from the health front.
Some time back it was decided in France that everybody had to have a 'top-up' health insurance, to cover what the National system doesn't pay. Workers would have it payed for by the employer, pensioners would pay themselves, or ask the Caisse Maladie (health authorities) for assistance to pay it depending on the level of their pension.
Good idea one would think, but there are so many black sheep that the idea has become a nightmare.
Everybody is allowed one only so as not to make being ill a Profession, but the companies (all private) don't care about the law!
You can sign up by phone, e-mail, in writing - whatever. There are also what one calls 'Courtiers' (salespersons basically) who get a percentage each month from the incomings. They will promise anything, charge the maximum and generally do little.
I signed up with a thing called Henner Mutuelle, and suddenly found myself with 5 other ones, all demanding money!
Why?
Well the 'courtier' had apparantly sold his book of customers to all the Companies who would buy it, and disappeared (to the Bahamas probably). The companies who had bought the books just went on and opened accounts for the people in the book!
Thus - I got 5 different ones and after 8 months or more, I'm still fighting to get rid of nasty letters, demands for money and threats of legal action.
One actually refunded me and cancelled the policy, Henner is still going, a thing called MMC is wriggling around to find any sort of excuse to http://www.seresta.fr/continue.........others I replied to by e-mail and have heard nothing from them since.
Good Lord - these things are supposed to help you get well.....personally they are making me sick. The situation led to anxiety attacks See original image - more medecines on top of those for the heart condition and the stomach ulcers........great stuff!
Now I'm probably addicted to a thing called Seresta (http://www.seresta.fr/) and will eventually face another fight to come off it!
I guess this is another example of big business riding roughshod over everybody they can.
My advice is simple
See original image

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?