Good Banking sense?

It's nearly the end of the year, and as every year, I went through the sometimes amusing, more often time consuming and infuriating process of trying to get a little pocket diary, for the new year, out of my banker.
Now, bankers are not noted for giving things away, except to themselves, but this procedure every year has annoyed me for so long, that I must now complain!
These little pocket diaries are useful - at least I use it all the year long, and each page is crammed full of things to do and not to do, where to go and where not to go etc.
My bank, and probably all the others, send automatically, the larger luxury version to what they consider to be better customers. I think I pay far too much to my bank every year in charges/interests etc and am therefore a good customer. My bank obviously thinks otherwise.
Consider the procedure of yesterday. Enter, wait 1/4 hour, and finally catch the manager who happens to be passing.
Hello! Have you received the diaries yet? Who are you? Who have you had to do with in this bank?
With you - the lady over there, the young man over there, all their precedent colleagues, and even your precedor!
Oh, ok, come in to my office. We haven't received the diaries yet, but if you could just give me your name I'll see what I can do!
Name given, into the computer. Smile, drawer opened, and one of the hundreds of diaries (those which he hadn't yet received) reposing in the drawer taken out and handed to me with the laconic remark that "I haven't received the larger version yet".
Lies - all lies! I happen to know that my friend (a landlady) has already received her "luxury version" at home!
As is normal, these things are sent automatically to those people who already have enough spare money to buy them. Here in the village, these people have a tendancy to be those of Spanish origin, who came over to avoid the Spanish Civil War, and now own 3/4 of the village and the surrounding area.
Not only that, but the vast majority cannot read or write! And most certainly not French! The luxury version goes straight to the rubbish bin, but My God, if they don't receive it every year do they kick up a fuss. Except when (as happens often) it is received automatically in one of their homes where the client died 6 months ago, then they go to the bank and demand some form of "damages" for mental injury! And they often get it in the form of something or other free of charge.
So much to banks etc. If ever I am in possession of a lot of money which I want to put on a Bank Account, I will take great pleasure in going to my curent bank manager, and telling him how much I am not putting on his bank, and why.
I will also tell the new bank manager these facts, in the hope that he will take me for a literate Spanish escapee!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?