Thank You Mr. Briggs!
| I'm back! |
I'm back, and to celebrate, I've decided to do a little piece on something which happened to me recently, hence the title!
Some of you already know that I have various groups on MSN (some of you being members, and some - like chippie - who were too lazy to become one)but I must be honest, since finding out about Blogspots, I have tended to leave the MSN Groups alone - too difficult for many people, and limited in volume.
You have (member or not) the right to look at the photos on the group entitled at the address: http://Marquisdugalipot@groups.msn.com simply by clicking onto the blue link, and please do so! For the published documents and articles, however you must become a member, as in all MSN Groups, and if you wish to participate then you must send a request for membership.
With this in mind, I went swinging away on the search for other MSN Groups that could interest me, not realising at the time, that I was on the MSN (USA) network, and therefore all groups I could find where USA or the few others like myself who had created their group on the MSN (USA) network (a few misled people mainly from China, Japan etc). Anyway, I found this thing called http://groups.msn.com/WineatMSNGroups which you can look at, if you wish, simply by clicking onto the address and waiting. Should you go there, (I will explain to the others, Mr A. Nony. Briggs, who don't know about these things) the page will open,after a while, and you must go to the left hand side of the page, click onto "Message Boards" and wait.
When the new window opens, go to the left hand side again, and click onto "messages". On the new window, make sure the box "show or display" is indicating "discussions only".
Go down this page you should now be on, and you'll find a discussion entitled "Wine and Americans" with 93 messages!!! This is my humble responsability!! All I wanted to do was have a little chat with others, on a favourite theme, but I hadn't reckoned on the ferocious attacks made by "long-standing-idiots-called-members"! These attacks became less and less on the subject of the Group, but having realised my error, but having realised at the same time (as people who know me will appreciate) how easy it was to ruffle the feathers of a sleeping, almost bald American eagle, I decided (as a matter of European pride - not prejudice) to become the CHAMPION!!
I didn't realise that I would achieve this with such rapidity ! In the space of a few days, with some well chosen replies, I was there!! Some of the replies are amusing (have a look), some are disturbing (I fear for the sanity of some citizens of the MPN), some completely un-understandable (except possibly by other citizens of the MPN).
Before resigning (when I had reached my goal!), my over-all impression was that all the things I had long suspected about this MPN, were truer than I had thought, and I can now, without doubt, confirm that the future enemy of Europe will indeed be this so-called MPN, and not China or Russia or N. Korea etc.
Anyway, I thank Mr Briggs for his concern, and reassure him that as long as I am able, I shall remain a staunch supporter of Europe, and will always be in the position to defend her, (at my age now only verbally of course).
I achieved my goal - the record is mine, and the most amusing thing is that it so happened because of some member of this MPN, who decided to put into the world a new discussion (which follows hard on the heels in the list) entitled "Resignation"!
I now have a whole bundle of much more interesting Blogspots to look at, all in Europe, and International (across the big pond) connections will be (already have been) severed.
For all the readers, be assured. This is the one and only time I shall be half-way serious in this blogspot, and the first and last time that I shall be 'political or nationalistic', apart, of course, from my 'biting' comments on the upcoming GB elections - but all that in the future, and all that in a humour well-known!!
Incidentally - "MPN" (as you have probably figured out by now) is MY abb.. for:
Comments