Chippie's great-grand-dad!

I just saw a few pictures on the tele about the anniversary of the Battle of Trafalgar, which mr Chirac still takes as a personal blight!
The pictures made me reflect (as you can see from a couple following ) on ships carpenters, Portsmouth, Nelson, friggin' in the riggin', sale of souvenirs and various other things.
No doubt a great weekend will be had by all - but I just hope they don't let too many people onto the "Victory" at one time, because Chippie and his descendants have been selling nails and other bits and bobs for a hundred years or so, as souvenirs to tourists.
I honestly do beleive it's only the dirty, oily, tarry water that keeps the thing afloat! Anyway, I'm sure all will go well, and all will have a good time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?