Just like in real life.

Here we are, Tuesday 1800hrs, sitting in the almost black (I think it's supposed to be the longest day, but they didn't reckon with the weather) it's the first day of summer 2005, and I won't forget it in a hurry, last night was the 3rd in succession with no sleep - too hot,humid (32C at 0100hrs). What I had forgotten was that (as I told you) today is also the National "Fete de la Musique" when stages are set up in all the towns,cities,villages,hamlets all over France, artists (or those trying to become so) present themselves on the stages, and normally it starts throwing it down - at around 2200hrs, just as everyone has arrived after dining!
Here there are 9 or 10 musical events all going on at the same time, outside my window is a stage for groups that are going to sing and play French chansons. Thank goodness for that, and I hope there is no last minute change in plan. Last year I had the right to listen to "rap" stuff, up to 0300hrs - quite a challenge, I can tell you. Not even the downpour put them off - I did try and suggest that the lightning bolts may flash into the electrical works, up the cables, to the microphones, and from there spring over into the gold and silver and platinum teeth fillings of the unfortunate young people. Wishful thinking on my part, and they couldn't hear my warning over the racket!
At least the rain had come, and I hope it will be the same this year.
At the moment, the Town Drum club/society is warming up. Where is the rain?
What village wants or needs a Drum Society?
Anyway, I'm listening to that and watching the u20 football world cup finals live/en direct at the same time. The Brits don't even know it's happening, 'cos their team didn't qualify! Same for the Dutch, I think, but it is qute amusing, and fills in the time up to the last group matches in the Confederation Cup later on this evening. I've no time for "Fete de la Musique" you see.
Amusing are the "young" boys (u20) only in the sense that I've just seen the referee doing "like in real life" playing Dad, and collecting all the waterbottles thrown around the place by the kids, and arranging them neatly in a corner of the goal.
Good lordy, these are maybe young people, but they know how to earn a couple of million a week!
Doesn't matter - in certain things, Mum and Dad have to sort it out. Collecting waterbottles, washing and ironing clothes/dishes/ etc etc. Youngster may have a couple of million a week, but goody - there is still the referee to replace mum and dad!! Ref 2Dad whistles, but
Mum's the REFEREE!
Custom Smiley
and
Dad helps out
Custom Smiley
really.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?