My car-prehistorique but a relic!

I wanted to get this one on before the bad weather tomorrow, which will prevent you all from going out, playing golf/tennis or whatever, so everything being bad, the last and ultimate possibility to fill in a wet Sunday, is to branch in to "Mr le Marquis" and see what he's complaining about now.
Well, you've got up to next Wednesday to say your prayers, and your goodbyes, to my "Audi 5T Turbo". Although 25 years old, she is, or was, still comfortable, speedy and full of good things. She was the last contact to old times, and she merits her last rest.
Due to repair costs, insurance changes, petrol prices, health (of her and me) reasons, it has been suggested that for the moment driving may be a little risky, and in view of the costs involved, I would be better off renting a car/vehicule as and when I required it, rather than keeping one for two journey's a month! I think the local police will be quite relieved also!
I agree in principle, but the sentimental value is high. Still, I can't wear it around my neck on a chain, or put it on the mantlepiece, nor even dig a big hole in a garden and bury it, so - it's off to the car cemetry on Wednesday. Even the battery I bought in Summer appears to be dead, so I've brought in outside help, and I hope we'll get the job done painlessly and quickly.
If you had been able to go to the places this car has been, you would all be extremely seasoned travellers, but many of the places she went were and still are, reserved for very particular people.
Never mind - mechanical things shouldn't trouble us, but as every man knows, it does jerk a tear or two. Women can't understand this, unless it is the car on whose back-seat they first encountered the monsters of the dark! In this case, they try to insist that we keep the thing in the garage somewhere!
So -say bye-bye, and shed a tear or two!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?