My way of doing things.See above: "Life in General"

3 November 2005. Vauvert,France.

Statement concerning the health of Mr le Marquis du Galipot (mr I.W. MITCHELL)

Dear Friends and readers,

This Blogspot can now take a different aspect, for a while, and can serve as a sort of "bulletin board". This bulletin will only be updated as the actual facts develope, and will only be briefly stated.

My state of health at the moment is not too wonderful, if one can believe the medical people. The latest developements leave no doubts as to the urgency of treatment, surgical and medical, for my heart condition of some 15 years. Confirmation of a diabetes and cancer generalised do not improve the situation. All I can, and will say, is that it is not difficult to imagine leaving a cesspool.


Apart from a personal letter to those who have asked, in the past, for the same, no personal conversations will be held upon the subject, and thereafter I ask the persons who recieve such personal letters to look at this Blogspot for future bulletins. There will be no mention in future personal letters of this subject, which is the reason why this article will appear in the languages necessary, sooner or later.
As at this date, following my latest examinations at Nimes, France, I am aware of the following facts:
a). My cardiaque state is bad, and requires urgent treatment.
b). Further tests are being made into the areas of cancers generalized, diabetes, and positive signs have been found.

The relevant results will be published briefly, when available. I repeat, no further conversations will be wasted on the matter.
****************
STATEMENT:

In March 1992, after many years of highly occupational stress, I succumbed, finally, to the effects predicted by my German doctor at the time, and suffered a “rear-wall” infarct.
At this period, my wife, Kathleen, was suffering from her terminal illness, cancer of the colon.
That this brought even more stress was evident, and after all had been weighed up, and I had spent some months in a clinic, whilst my wife was in another clinic elsewhere, I listened to the advice of my Doctors, who advised by-pass surgery, and decided that certainly as long as my wife’s state of health was in the critical situation that it was, I could not, and would not, allow myself to be put out of action for such a long period necessary.
This was accepted by the Doctors of the period, with the codicile that if and when the situation with my wife was arranged, I would re-think my own.They did, however, warn me that the probabilities were, that without treatment, I would live shortly, allowing between 6 and 12 months, and in truth, a second infarct followed a short time after.

My wife died on the 3rd March 1993

I died with her.

I knowingly refused all treatment and medication for my condition, and I moved from Germany to France.

The doctors prognosis turned from 6 – 12 months into what it is today, 14 years later.
I am alive today, and today, the Doctors, in a different country, in a different language, said the same thing again. So ,shall I now wait another 14 years, before popping back into the doctor’s surgery?

My immediate reaction is to follow the same course of action taken all those years ago, but before any final decision, I have proposed to await the outcome of all the other tests made at the same time, and to see what prospects may be available to me.

After all the details are available to me, I, and I alone, shall make what decision is necessary. I will inform you all, via these pages, of that decision, and I shall then have no further part to play in any discussion on the subject .

I prefer to pass whatever time may be left in constructive, interesting and amusing conversation, and I hope you will respect that.


Jan W. Mitchell. Vauvert,France. 3rd November 2005.


(The same letter will be published later in French and German)







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?