New things-Old things-maybe to come things!

This, I am afraid to say, will be my last spot on this Blogspot for quite a while, and (if I happen to be amongst the theoretical 1-2%)maybe my last!
Probably not the best auspices to announce the existence of something new, but that's the way things are, and since I have already announced the existence on the "mr le Marquis" web page, the least I can do is to announce the same on this Blogspot, to which I am always attached, for it was thanks to Googles' system of Blogging which gave me back the wish to write things down, knowing that they would be kept, safely, at least for a while, and be accessible to millions of people.
Not quite the same as in my younger days, when I spent quite some time in writing poetry, probably very bad (although some WAS accepted for publication). Bad or not, I was always losing finished works, and couldn't figure it out, until one day I met my mother coming out of my room in the London manse, her hands gripping tightly the ripped up morcels of one of my latest works! It had to do with certain poetic interpretations of religious fanatiscism, of which she was a part! I understood then what "freedom of the press" was all about, and freedom of thought - I also understood immediately that my mother was a bigot, and had no intention of allowing ANYBODY freedom of anything that didn't please her!
Anyway, back to the "new"existence!
To keep together, and to find easily (for myself and for you) those "larger" (but also other shorter selected) articles, I decided to apply myself, and find out how the hell my promised, free of charge, Web-hosting system from my main server, Tele 2.fr, actually worked. I had tried before, and always lost out to the "FTP" programmes, which seemed to be so complicated as to be beyond mere mortals like myself.
Putting my own theory (that PC's are ignorant machines, and I am intelligent) into work, and spending (again) days and nights entirely at the disposition of this ignorant machine (my cat will be accusation witness number one - if asked) I finally figured it out, up to a point that I could use it! You will find it on the following address: http://home.tele2.fr/iwmpop2 .
This "index page of iwmpop2" lists all (or nearly all) of the longer and older articles, making it easier to find quickly something one may be looking for. For the moment, the windows web page at:
http://www.webspawner.com/users/mrlemarquis/index.html will continue to work as the main link/indication page, and already has a link to the new index.
I hope, if surviving, to "enhance" this page, to encompass all sorts of other things, such things as everybody has come to expect from Web sites, but that will be in the future, when I know where I am in various directions!
The Blogspots, http://www.marquisdugalipot.blogspot.com and www.vauvertvillage.blogspot.com will, of course, continue, as will all the other links given elsewhere, like the photo addresses etc.
Basically, nothing changes, except that maybe - just maybe - the one or the other article may be published on the new index page, but not on any other site. This will be intentional, and will be due to the possibility of offending any regular or future readers of the other spots! After all, one doesn't want to upset NEW readers, does one?
I hope these changes will completely mix you all up, I personally am already unsure of where I should publish this very article!
Incidentally, the new index page can give you much superior "illustrations", since I can publish direct from Microsoft Word, including pictures etc. Finished the days of smileys and square boxes with a red X in the corner, and nothing else!
Not a bit of it, I love my smileys, but I think you will only find them in my e-mails or in Blogger articles, like this one! Smart . The Thinker Now I'm all finished with thinking, I've got a headache, and there is a nasty doctor waiting to cut me up in thousands of bits. Maybe he'll get it all wrong, and I'll come back as The Highlander!Bagpipes Tatty-piddle!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?