"Thank You" letter!

Vauvert,France. 11 March 2006

“Thank You letter!”

Hello to you all!

Being relatively back in charge of my faculties, albeit a little bit painfully so,
I thought the time had come for a sort of “thank you” letter to all of you who were so supportive during the difficult times over the last 2 months, from Holland to USA and from UK to Germany, even one from Australia!
There were quite a few from France as well, but I shall have to write to them in French, otherwise they may think I’m insulting them!
I will be dealing with “in-detail” matters of the operation, and the surrounding circumstances in a series of articles on blogger, as usual, and this letter is only meant to say thank you to you all.
It was very important to hear from you all, with your support, humorous accounts of local events, and encouragement. Even if it was very difficult at the time, they were all appreciated, and they all helped to “mount the moral and physical courage”.
I suspect that some of my replies were difficult to understand (they always are) since I was under the influence of the “vaps” most of the time, but I wanted to try and explain my thanks for your communications.
So – THANK YOU ALL! Clapping Hands

Finally, to bring you up to date, I am in what they call “period of recuperation”. My rib-cage, having been delicately hacked to open it up to the heart access, needed to be “ribbed” up afterwards, and this was done with special wire! I wasn’t aware of this, but it is necessary to keep an alignment between the two parts, and to try to stop a movement of the 2 bits of rib-cage! They haven’t told me if this means I’ll set off alarm bells at security posts or not, but they have told me that this is where the current pains are coming from, the wire holding a rib-cage that wants to advance, but mustn’t!
My father always complained about the pain from his legs, where they had taken vein/artery from (for use in the by-pass) but since they now take the artery needed from the heart itself, this is not a problem for me. He also complained often, about a cough, which was more a scraping of the throat, and which hurt. Well, that I can confirm, I’m permanently scraping my throat, to try and get rid of fluids that annoy. I have such a large wish to COUGH BRUTALLY, and end the situation, but I can’t, and so I continue to “scratch the throat”. If you can imagine a “frog in the throat” on a permanent basis, you’ve got it! (You can also see why I have to write to the French in French, to avoid misunderstandings!)
I’ve been told I must accept at least 2/3 months of recuperation, and indeed much longer, before I’m completely back to normal. My next “date with death” starts on the 24th April 2006, when I have been ordered to start a “re-education” course at the Hospital at Nimes. According to my Doctor, this will be physical (bike-riding, swimming, gymnastics etc) and quite long, daily, for about a month!
The physical aspect doesn’t bother me, just the time of day they want to start – 0830hrs – which means me getting up at around 6am, to get the taxi (paid for by the Health Assurance!!) to get to the Nimes Hospital on time!
Anyway, don’t be surprised if you see my name turning up on the Olympic Honour Rolls, even if it is for the handicapped!
Well, I think that is about all for the moment, my medicine box took a dive yesterday, when the drugs for the lung emboli were stopped. My quantity of daily pills dropped from some 28-30 daily to 12 daily. Quite disconcerting really, when one looks at the half empty “pill arranger” compartments!
I hope to hear from you all in the future, and don’t forget to keep looking in to:
Thank You!
http://www.webspawner.com/users/mrlemarquis/.html


Or simply do a search on “Google” for “iwmpop”, and click on what you want!

With thanks and best wishes.

iwmpop, mr le marquis, le marquis du Galipot, Ian W. Mitchell !











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?