Comical isn't it? Remembering.


Remember, remember - that is a part of November as well, at least a British November!
So let's do some remembering!
I recall, way back, in Paisley, Scotland, having a lady called Cathy Stewart (and I have no reservations about naming her, because it is my way of - belatedly - thanking her) who functioned as a sort of "nanny" to myself, and then to both my sister and myself, during the many absen
ces of our parents, busily looking after their "flock".
This lady was ancient when I knew her, and was, logically, more ancient when she visited us many years later in London. I never knew her age, but I knew that she was the one who introduced me to exotic things like grapes and pineapples - no not in tins, real ones.
She took it upon herself, for many years, to send us Comics every week, together with a
couple of Post Office Savings book stamps - remember them? Extra ones' at Birthdays and Christmas times, never forgetting - EVER! Thank you again, if you are still in this world, you must wonder (like myself) what has gone wrong!

These were only some of the things I got every week, and at Christmas I got Albums also. My sister got the equivalent in "Girlie" things, which I sometimes read as well!
Nowadays, I recall the anticipation of every Thursday (that was the day the packets arrived). Dan Dair, Roy of the Rovers,Desperate Dan (and cow pies) with many other things, delivered FREE HOUSE! Better than the TV is now! Anyway, I may come back to the subject in time, meanwhile off to your "Girls Own" or "Dennis the Menace". Incidentally, did you know that some of these things are worth a fortune nowadays, to collectors. A complete collection of "Beano" sold (I am told) for more than 15,000 not long ago! Get up to your attics!

Comments

iwmpop said…
They told me in Blogger that one can't make any comments on Beta blogs - seems to be badly informed does Blogger! (iwmpop)
iwmpop said…
I even found out that you can leave a Smiley - if you're clever!

Popular posts from this blog

Comments...!

Old, used balls welcome....!