Legality! Should be Illegal!

Like a good and obedient little puppy dog, I followed the advice when (with that friendly sense of "sure and certain") my friend Mr Wackybacky told me I should just update my programme of Windows XP Pro to the one provided. It wouldn't take more than 15 minutes, and all would be well!
This is an account of what happened:

At 1645hrs, I raised my weary body after my siesta, and slurping on a coffee, I turned the PC on.

I inserted - carefully - the new golden disc into the right hole, and waited.

Finally, the thing asked me if I wanted just to update (recommended) or install brand new!

Taking the advice of my two sources (Wacky and now XP Pro) I pressed update, and off we went.

Some 57 minutes later, the screen went blank, and finally started up again with the new updated version, that would only take 15 minutes!

Armed with this new weapon, I started to see what difference it would make, and indeed, there were a number of different things, none of which meant anything to me, and none of which worked, because I couldn't get onto the Net!

At 2150hrs (of the same night) I had finally cracked it, and was connected, only to find out that various things like my Anti Virus didn't recognise my new sleek system, and refused to work! Various other things said "NO!" as well, so around 0157hrs of the 30th December 2006, I finally had it all worked out, and sat down to write this little note!

The moral is:

Don't ever believe Wacky, when he talks about "just 15 minutes" and always beleive Bill Gates when he says "I'll show you lot"!

Just to top it off, I've now found out that my validation code to download the new Internet Explorer 7, sparks off an "unexpected encounter with difficulties" at Microsoft, and it just shuts down. I'm glad the old fashioned Explorers were of hardier material - just imagine what would have happened if Columbus had simply "closed down" when the going got tough!

It may be my fault, I did push the button (when requested) saying "check for and download all updates before installing Windows XP Pro" so maybe I've already got the bloody Internet Explore 7, but how do I find out?

Never mind, these things are sent to try us, and it's now 0200hrs - I'm going to bed!!

Comments

blueVicar said…
Oh dear...computer troubles are so annoying, aren't they? Sounds like you are on the right path, though, and things will work out. The light of day seems to help sometimes.

But I always love the stories, even when things go badly...good luck!

Meilleurs voeux!!

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?