News of the week-according to mr le Marquis!

Whilst the world was carrying on in the usual way, I was sorting out some news items in my own inimitable way! (They shouldn't, maybe, be accepted as totally serious!) Here they are:







Christmas just over, I didn't think there were still 1,000 Turkeys anywhere, but there are certainly at least 1000 less now! My friends, who were on a diet, contributed to this plight, with their half a Turkey!



Poor creatures - almost makes me want to become a Vegetarian - ALMOST!



My mate Chippie will be upset about this, no more chicken stews or pies!








More amazingly was the news of the first win in 10 encounters of an English cricket team over Australia! I think it's all this "down-under" stuff, it makes them dizzy! In future, I would suggest sending the Scottish National team. The results wouldn't be worse, but the consummation of Scotch greater! We've started again - it's crazy season. German TV is full of Carnival programmes, and will be until after "mardi-gras". "Weiberfastnacht" is one of the Karneval events, where women are allowed to cut off the men's...............TIES! Symbolical of course, diabolical as well (you'll get the idea if you ignore the "sym" and "dia" in those two words). The idea was that this act would dis-empower Bosses and Politicians. How they are going to get around the problem that the Chancellor is now a woman isn't stated! I have some suggestions, but I don't want to be blacklisted on Blogger!
Whilst the world's leading scientists were supping Champagne and eating foi-gras in Paris, and whilst China, USA and others were still refusing to sign up into the anti CO2 programmes, the Weather was busily giving ample proof of the problems awaiting:

Although I do feel sorry for those boor beggars who will still be on the planet when it goes BBOOOOOOOMMM, I must admit that I can't find a great deal of enthusiasm for what will happen in 50 years' time. We'll probably all be dead from Chicken Flu anyway!



Italy was getting on with it, promoting the island of Sicily, the great game of Soccer, in their own way! Jeeeez - this never happened when the Mafia was in charge! I know that even my mate Chippie can turn into a raving, Russian speaking madman when present in his Club's football stadium! That's why "her indoors who must always be obeyed" doesn't let him go very often! Just as well, most of the time you pay a fortune for the right to stand in the freezing cold, with louts all around you, poisoning your lungs with the clouds from smoke bombs , and because of the same things, you can't see anything! Somewhere out there, there are 22 adults chasing a little round thing (well sometimes, anyway, if they're not lying down, dying or writhing, in agony). The only thing that amazes me is that to date no Terrorist has thought of smuggling an atom bomb instead of a smoke bomb into the stadium, and that a revolver hasn't been discharged in the direction of the "unfair" penalty kicker. Incidentally, there are 3 other adults out there as well, who are supposed to be in control of everything - but they are NOT allowed to kick the little round object! In fact, I wasn't aware of the fact, but in France, these 3 "officials" are classed as "public servants", and any agressions can be treated in the same manner as if an agression had been made on a police officer!



This guy was the "winner" in the latest disturbance! He had even paid his entry fee for the pleasure! Personally, I enjoy paying nothing, sitting back in my comfortable armchair, in my heated Castle/Chateau, sipping on a little beer, or a glass of wine, and regarding the antics on a TV screen!


Whilst all this was going on, the French had passed their law about "no smoking anywhere" except in the privacy of your own loo! The Government did not announce, however, that it was renouncing their right to over 40% of the money paid for a "glimmer"! In fact, the place most visited during the World Climate conference was the Lavatories!


So - there we are - My news of the week, and I find it more cheerful than that coming from Sky News and the others!


I won't be going anywhere, I'm saving up my pennies for a nice beer in a Munich biergarten, in Spring!

I won't be flying there, however, even although Air France has just announced it is reducing (by 7£) the fuel surcharge on long haul flights! I don't quite understand it all, since I'm sure that I heard that in the UK, surcharges were being increased by between 5£ and 15£.
I guess I must have heard wrongly, or misunderstood the message from the double talking Politicians concerned.

Finally - Tony is buying another property, for around 800,000£, apparantly! He can afford it, and it's only his 5th property! To become, later, Sir Tony, or Lord so and so, I doubt that he will be forced to buy the title, so that frees up a couple of million for other things!

Bye-bye, and have a nice week, in spite of it all!

Devil Laughing
Dance! Dance!
Whistling For Attention
Tatty-piddle!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?