New and improved!

Bonjour-Gutentag-Hello!
For some of you who have already commented on the changes, this won't be news! I finally jumped in and started paying for my webpage, not an enormous amount, about the price of a pound of fatty sausages, which I'm not allowed anyway, per month. What I didn't realise was that this gave me the right to open as many Webpages as I wished, in the professional format, with search engines, guestbooks, photo galleries and so on!

Of course each one takes its own URL (web address) so to make things easier for you, I've put all the links to all the Blogs/Sites/Photo services etc onto the main "Mr le Marquis" page, and onto the "Granite Assistance" page. Once you go into either of these pages, you have easy access to all the others, just choose from the list. Maybe putting it onto your "favourites" list as well!

The photo Gallery page is being slowly built up, but it is a longish job, and may take quite a while to complete!

You'll find a "search" button, this is the same as on your main computer page, except that this one is from Yahoo. I would have preferred a different one, Google for example, but I didn't have the choice! You use it in the same way as any other search button - just type in what you are looking for (eg British food and drink) and if it doesn't blow up, then you'll have a new page opened with a list of Web addresses.

There is also a "guestbook" and although I know that people are timid about confessing to reading such drivel as mine, I must say that it is nice to see who has been onsite, even if some alias's are confusing! Don't forget to sign in (at least once) to the guestbook.

There is also a statistic counter, at the moment somewhere around the mid 60's, not bad really, considering it has only been in place for a couple of days (I'll have to consider putting paying publicity on the site, making a fortune no doubt).
You also will find a "send email" button. This is to send an email to me.

Finally, there is a special page called "links". On this page you'll find various links to other sites, some useful in all sorts of ways, others just for amusement. When I have marked (use search engine etc..) this means you should use the search engine, just typing the words given and "GO". This is mainly the case where I've either forgotten the URL (age you know), or when there is a specific task to be undertaken, like downloading a toolbar or something similar. The nice thing about this "links" page is that YOU can put a link onto it, if you think you've found something interesting to other readers.

Don't forget that your PC is traceable on the Web, so if you go putting "undesirable" links, like sexy stuff or insulting stuff, or racist stuff, or paedophilic stuff, or other illegal stuff, you're likely to get caught, and I
wouldn't like to see my mate Chippie in the clink!

I don't foresee adding any further sites for a long while! The photo account "flickr" is still available, often through simple clicking on a photo, but not always. If not, go to the box at the bottom of the page, or into the menu - you'll find it there! My Flickr account is being updated all the time, and you can leave comments should you wish, or download any photo in various sizes (personal use only - commercial use must be announced to the author - me!)

Briefly - there are lots of things to discover - so off you go!

Let me have a little feedback as well - if you've got any ideas or critiscisms (I'm sure the latter will be the case) let me know.

At this moment, there is a new start on "Vauvertvillage" (all mainly in French, of course). I've started a new thing, giving reports about little known places and Associations in my area, complete with info and photos. The first one you can see right now is a report on an Association here in Vauvert called "Claymor Clan" - imagine, a group of people living here in the South of France who have decided to play the BAGPIPES!!! (they are of all nationalities as well!)


Hope this may clear up a few question in your minds, and

Bonne Surf!

(copyright MrleMarquisduGalipot @enterprises 2007).

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congratulations on taking the technological leap...it's never easy, but sometimes rewarding. Good luck!

Like the photo of you (I'm guessing) and your furry friend.

Meilleurs voeux!!

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?