Tony, my baby!
Popping into this world, "TB" gurgled a few things about "PM" (Peed Myself) "Labour - what a pain - I'm not having a new labour!" and "When I grow up, I'll have Sherry a few times"!Then he got down to work, growing into a real man!

Getting off to a youthful start within the Party, "TB" realised he would need certain costumes to get ahead!

So he started collecting them!

And ended up wearing the same suit as everyone else, every day! Sherry (his "her indoors"- outdoors most of the time) told him he would have to do something about his image, or he would end up like his friend "BC" (Been Circumcised) and she didn't want her Tony to follow any examples "BC" had given!
"Take care," said she," or you'll end up like him".................................................................................
A few words to introduce the real McKoy! Now here is the REAL story!I've often listened to some of British (mainly English) people who honour me with the occasional visit during their annual Holidays "winge" about Mr. Tony Blair! Being rather far away from the seat of the action now, I listen, and then I wonder!
You see, Tony's image, here on the main Continent is actually rather good! He is well liked by all and sundry, he is admired by his peers, who would like to have a few of his ideas set through in their own countries (although I personally beleive that the average British citizen is, like me, hopelessly over the ears in debt - but money makes the world go round!)
Tony's image on the other side of the Atlantic, is also very good, all things considered, and I now note that even on News programmes, TV companies are starting to wonder if it's such a good thing he's going after all!
If I follow the programmes and newspaper articles concerned, it would seem that he has, actually, got just about everything, right!
There now seems to be a rather large vacuum - Mr GB, dour Scotsman, with little humour, it appears, will not fill the same amount of space as our Tony!
The other Scotsman (at least from the name), on the other side of the house, is looking just a shade wobbly, and rather "schoolboyish". Maybe before embarking on the same voyage as Tony, he would like to look at the photos above, just to get an idea of what 12 years or so, at the top of the heap, do to you!
"Mingus" appears to be rather "mingy" for the Press and TV. and anyway- far too "olde worlde" for todays' pandemonium!
I wonder? Have the British citizens not made a slight error of judgement?
Finally, I must say that I've seen it all before. The British Public is constantly dismantling its public figures, one David Beckham has gone through that on a few occasions, and look where the English football team is - without him!
Even on my own person, I have to accept that the British attitude is, as usual, "forget about it/him/his services rendered" - It'll all go away!
Comments