Don't you like the facts?

I know that I have already touched on the subject, but "actuality" obliges!
I recall as a kid spending many a torrid hour in things like Sunday Schools (as if Monday to Saturday wasn't enough) and 11am and Evening services in my Father's parish church, being drilled into beleiving everything and anything written in the Holy Bible! Everything that is, apart from the things that didn't fit in the plans of the Church!
As I vaguely recall, there was this episode of the Book of Revelations (Chapter 6, I think), which wasn't talked about a great deal, since it involved the total annihilation of the Planet, the Church and its members along with it!
I recall, vaguely , that it concerned the 4 bad lads on horseback, floods,famine,pestilence, death and disease, war and other nice things (I know, that makes at least 6, but the horses were quite big ones).
I recall also, being told, often (when something had gone wrong in my planning) "You see - the Bible told you so!"
Well, there we are, it seems that nobody can dispute the fact that the 4 (or 6) elements on their horses are all nicely reunited and present. AND-people don't like it!
British people, strongly proud of their free Religious beleifs, at the top of the list of the discontented!
Whilst I do sympathise with those who have lost their homes, possession, and even their lives in certain cases, I can only say:
"Well, the Bible told you so!"
Maybe it isn't so good, at the end of the day, to have a book whose writings and opinions you live after - particularly when it has informed you (for over 2,000 years) that you're all ripe for .................
"Well, the Bible told you so!"
Just don't use a Public Urinal in between times, because the Holy book also tells you that "he who pisseth against a wall shall be damned!!"

Happy holiday themes ain't they?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?