Final adieu to November?


Can I really say adieu to November? The days seem to race by, the weeks as well, but somehow it's been month's that we've been in November! After my last article about it, things seemed to be arranging themselves, and then......
Windows write to me:"Come and join our one live care programme" - it's free - it's great etc...etc..."
6 hours later, after a torrid time of downloading, taking off my free and good AVG Antivirus (not tolerated by Windows, probably because it's free), finally finding out I've signed up for a 90 day trial, and of something that doesn't work - very angry - Uninstalled and reinstall everything as it was (now I think of it, why didn't I use the "last restore point" - it would have been quicker!!!) finally finished, and it was STILL November!
I went off to watch the TV, but of course, my TV NOT being the up to date modern things with flat screens and 16/9 pictures, I can only see about 2/3rds of the screen! I can see the results of the football match, "Bayern Munchen...6 - Hamburg SV......>END OF SCREEN<
Great! Modern times, along with around 100 million others in Europe alone, we can't even see the TV programmes, not without spendin a fortune on a new TC, that new TV which squeezes everybody and everything up like an orange so they all look deranged, with pips coming out of their mouths, or presents us our our Videos with an enormous black band at the top and another one at the bottom, with the film picture squeezed in between the two! Progress it's called! And it's still November!
THEN...........Hey - the Germans tell me they are finally going to give us Pensioners a raise! They've been taking a raise out of us since the year 2000 (no increase since then at all, except in the prices). Now they sday they will give us the almighty sum of 1.70% maybe from next year! Wow - it's still November!
Finally - just to round it all off, my new Internet box turned up, and I don't understand it, but it doesn't work very well - I've got to pay for my telephone calls abroad now, so don't expect any!
And it's still November.....................
The 23rd saw the end of Scorpio rule, thank gawd!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?