Browsers-Navigators and all the rest...!

 I've used all the Browsers/Navigators available on the Internet, and I'm now probably a little bit "confused" 
I thought that for my own use and to clear my mind a little, an article about the subject might even be of use to others! So here it is!
1. Microsoft (Windows) "Internet Explorer" - Still full of bugs and too open on the Security side, even with the 7 Version or the 8 (in beta only) available. I try to use this Browser as little as possible, but my Internet Server is hooked! It's also far too orientated towards EVERYTHING being Microsoft or Windows based. For example - to look for and/or download Windows updates, I MUST use Internet Explorer! Other Browsers let me use whatever Browser I wish to update their programmes, but not Internet Explorer.
2. Mozilla "Firefox" - A much better Browser, lighter to install, quicker to use and open pages with. Has a multitude of possibilities - works so closely with Google, that I thought for a long time it WAS Google!
Unfortunately, the latest version Firefox 3 seems to have all sorts of problems - freezes, crashes are regular occurences. I was obliged to change/update to Firefox 3 when I was informed that no more support would be given to the version which worked best of all "Firefox 2". I assumed this meant that Firefox 3 was no longer in the "Beta" (trial) stage, but it is still in that stage!
3. Google Chrome - This is the latest on the scene, and at the first try, I was amazed at the lightning speed of it, but on using it often, I found that it had/has decided limitations. It is basic, simple, uncomplicated, and works a lot together  with Mozilla.
If you want a very quick Browser to open you mail page, this is the one. If you need a Browser which can store addresses (URL's) and Info (RSS etc) - then this isn't the one!
4. Opera - This is a browser I use often. It is safe from a Security point of view, has all the possibilities of Firefox, the speed of Google Chrome, just seems to be perfect - but you need time to understand the differences! The only drawback I found is the need to download "specially" language dictionaries for spelling checks after writing whatever!
The checks themselves are rather longer than the Google or Safari system, in the style of "Microsoft Word" spelling checks, and - if like me - you only need them to put French/German or other language ACCENTS onto words (laziness - don't want to keep changing my keyboard!!) then it is rather long.Opera is also the smallest of all the Browsers, and I like it a great deal.
5. Safari -   From "Apple", I'm using it right now!I just got fed up of freezes of FirefoxIII -  so I thought - go and try Safari! Similar to Opera, it's fast, secure, and hasn't "frozen"-  YET! 
Of course, like all things, being from a certain developer, it shows everything in the "Apple" light, until you change it! It does take a little work to "tweak" it for your own uses, but it's worth it!
Apart from these "standard" Browsers, there are loads of other ones out there, more or less stupid! I had one which was a fun thing, and served my mail by using a "waiter/butler"- Problem was the poor guy never got a rest, and he was switched off, rapidly, because hearing his permanent footsteps and the booming voice - "YOUR MAIL, SIR" so got on my nerves that he just had to go!
In general, I think it is useful to devote some time to "tweaking" and understanding the various Browsers mentioned above, and using the best one for a particular job.
OK - so I like messing about, and testing this and that - and I've got the time to do it as well, but - HONESTLY - do try other Browsers than Internet Explorer. You won't regret it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comments...!

Old, used balls welcome....!