Chinese...........

A wailing lament:


Like a lot of people, I don't speak Chinese! Bearing in mind that there are a few hundred or thousand millions of Chinese, maybe it's impolite of me, but I just can't see what use I could have for the language of a people who try to eat soup with wooden sticks..!
Until yesterday....!
The parcel delivery service turned up with an article I had ordered before the strikes, the bad weather, and the "on holiday" period.
I had almost given up waiting for the thing, and - in a way - I wish it hadn't turned up!
"It" is a machine - simple to all effects - called a DVD Player.
OK - this one is slightly different, because as well as playing just about any form of CD/DVD around. it also records onto a 250G Hard Disc, and/or onto DVD/CD's, which should be useful (assuming I can get it to work) to transfer all my Home Super 7 films onto DVD's, and maybe bore you all with snippets from the film life of mr le marquis!
My problem - and this is where China and the Chinese come into it - is that neither the French nor the English translation in the manual (a fearsome looking book with hundreds of pages) are of much use. They don't make a lot of sense, and don't use the same termology as one finds actually on the buttons of the equipment. For example, they talk about pressing "OK" and after 30 minutes of searching, you finally figure out they mean the button marked "select"!
(stop gossiping and translate something usable - please...!)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Of course, the set up hasn't been helped by the fact that they sent this expensive little toy with batteries for the handcontroller which didn't work, were empty, and leaking!
400 euro toy doesn't work because of 1 euro batteries being useless!
Modern day sales service I dare say. Anyway - new batteries, and my problems really started!
Try translating every action to be taken into English and French, and allow for all possible errors.....it takes a lot of time and patience, and I'm still trying to figure out how to record!
I've got it playing CD's/DVD's, I've got it transmitting all my photos from the USB Key Driver (useful as well), but I just can't figure out, in the maze of conflicting language instructions how to get the thing to record...!
250GB's, around 58hours of possible recording time available - but where...and how....?
All this because the Asian and Oriental countries have figured out there is money to be made from Electronics, whilst we in Europe turn our backs, or make them so expensively that only Arab Emires can afford them!
They could at least invest a few pennies into Language lessons for the writers of these "User's Guide Manuals".
Well - complain or not - I've got to get back to it............!

(it's not the end of the world-only nearly!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?