Hocus-pocus!

Olives are not only tasty with the Apero, not only good for making oil, but also......


Yesterday I had my quarterly visit to my "toubib".
The word "toubib" is used in France as slang for Doctor, comes from an African word meaning "witchdoctor" - and fulfills its purpose.
After all the normal things which left me sure and certain that I must be feeling terrible, if indeed not dead, We passed to my questions, one of which was "what to do about the cramps that came mainly at night in bed?"
My toubib, actually a sympathetic type, came up with something which left me
mouth wide open! (Soap making in Marseilles)

We're accustomed to medecines, anti-biotics, vitamins, and a whole range of other mysterious "hocus pocus" items, but this one took my breath away, for its sheer simplicity and lack of expense for the Health system!
SAVON DE MARSEILLES....! (Marseilles soap)
(If you want to know more about the stuff, just click on the title of this article -- ( it's even in English).

"Stick a big lump of this stuff under the quilt," said my knowledgeable toubib," and just see what happens!"
I wish I had a photo of my face at that moment.
I'm trying it, and I'll make progress reports in due time. One thing I do know is that already my cat has turned her nose up at her customary position on my bed - I wonder what effect "Savon de Marseille" could have on one's romantic life....?(Lady using this soap-NOT in my bed......!)

On top of it all - it costs more than a whole course of treatment of antibiotics!

Comments

screamish said…
for cramps try eating more magnesium...it works for me! But who knows, savon de marseille, why not?

Popular posts from this blog

Comments...!

Old, used balls welcome....!