last word...famous...?

Maybe this will make you feel better, and I ain't going to say "nuffink else"!

The Truth about Conficker

I woke up yesterday morning, like I do most mornings, to my annoying clock radio. Well, that day was just a little more annoying than most, just because of what I heard when I woke up. To my surprise, I heard the "morning personalities" blabbing on about this terrible worm called "Conficker". They were saying that the worm could possibly strike on April 1st and cause "all kinds of damage".

Let me start by saying that I cannot stand non-technical people trying to tell the world about the computers. Most of the time this is just a ploy for ratings. It seems that Conficker is the new hot topic for those that want to boost ratings, so I thought I would straighten things out.

The Worm that everyone seems to be talking about is technically called Win32/Conficker.B. It is a variant of the Win32/Conficker.A Worm that came out several months ago. It also goes by the name Downadup and I wrote about it here. People are making a big deal about this worm because although it has infected computers, it hasn't actually done anything yet. It has been laying dormant, waiting for instructions. This makes for a good news story, but here is what they are not telling you...

Conficker is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. If your computer is up to date, you most likely do not have Conficker and you are safe. As a matter of fact, if you do your updates regularly, Microsoft will scan your system monthly with the Malicious Software Removal Tool and Conficker will be removed. So, don't you feel better already?

If you still think that you might have the Conficker worm, or if you just want to check and be safe, Microsoft offers a free online scan for Windows XP users that will remove conficker and solve all your problems. Here is the link: http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm?s_cid=sah Note: you must be using Internet Explorer when you visit this page or it will not work.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

OK....? See you on Thurday 2nd April - maybe......!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?