Remembering......!

On this day, our thoughts are with you, as you prepare to pay your respects to

Ruth Mitchell-Pitts

Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Aunt and Sister.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My contacts with my sister- Ruth, in adult life, were forcibly sporadic, due to the distances between our chosen countries of Residence, but I followed her career and family life from a distance.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Her habit of supporting people with large deliveries of publications, books, music - amongst other things - occasionally presented me with a problem of finding space, but they were appreciated, since English language publications were rarely readily available to myself and my wife Kathleen.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My last personal contact with Ruth was on the occasion of my visit to N.Carolina in 1993, when I had the pleasure of spending time with her and her family in their home, at a difficult period of my own life.

I enjoyed my visit and their welcome.

Following my cardiac problems, I was pleased to receive a letter from Ruth together with a collection of Books, to "cheer me up" as she said!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Why such tragedies touch our lives is - and will remain for me - a mystery.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

To my great regret, I will be unable to be present on this sad occasion, for various reasons, but my thoughts are with you all - on this day.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Joining me with her condolences, is Mme Magali Coicadin, who never met Ruth, but had telephone contact at the period of the decease of Dr. Rev.T.C.Mitchell - our father.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life - it goes on!
Robert Frost

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Our sincere condolences.


(Ian W. Mitchell) - (Magali Coicadin)


**************** ************ *********

We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fear of them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?