IT ain't easy ......

Hello everybody...!
It all started when I was answering, for the xxxth time the standard phrase on "Facebook" - Good Morning to everybody.
At first I thought - nice gesture, but then it got a bit boring, and I thought - Why not say it in other languages just to brighten up the scene?
So I started, and on my searches, I found an incredible number of places where people "play" with words.
Most of the things are rarely, if ever, used - except as party pieces, some of them are totally unusable for someone like myself due to a lack of molars in the mouth, my listeners would risk a generous shower - not a pleasant thing!
Talking of which, here's one that I haven't seen in the list, I can't imagine why.....
Where are the hands of God....?
"I'm not a pheasant plucker, I'm a pheasant plucker's son" - (to be repeated as quickly as possible 5 times)
Here are some of the others I've come across some will be familiar to you, others not:
*********

English

Bill Badger brought the bear a bit of boiled bacon in a brown bag.
Heather was hoping to hop to Taihiti
To hack a hibiscus to hang on her hat.
Now Heather has hundreds of hats on her hat rack.
So how can a hop to Taihiti help that?
Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
How many pickled peppers did Peter Piper pick?
Red lorry, yellow lorry
Red leather robots, yellow leather robots
Seventeen slimy slugs in shiny sombreros sat singing short sad songs.
She sells seashells by the seashore.
The shells she sells are surely seashells.
So if she sells shells on the seashore,
I'm sure she sells seashore shells.
The sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick.
Six thick thistle sticks. Six thick thistles stick.
I slit a sheet, a sheet I slit. Upon this slitted sheet I sit.
(*so why not my "pheasant plucker one...?)
Do scientists see thieves seize skies? If scientists see thieves seize skies, then where are the skies, the scientists see the thieves seize?
Thirty three thin Finns throw forty three frogs into four Thracian theatres.
The Awfullest Thistle: The successful thistle sifter, in sifting a sieve full of unsifted thistles, stuck three thousand thistles through the thick of his thumb.
Theophilus Thistle, the successful thistle sifter
In sifting a sieve full of unsifted thistles,
Thrust three thousand thistles through the thick of his thumb.
If Theophilus Thistle, the successful thistle sifter,
Can thrust three thousand thistles through the thick of his thumb,
See thou, in sifting a sieve full of unsifted thistles,
Thrust not three thousand thistles through the thick of thy thumb.
Which witch winds white weasel wool well?
How Much Wood Would A Woodchuck Chuck If A Woodchuck Could Chuck Wood?
A Woodchuck Would Chuck As Much Wood As A Woodchuck Could, If A Woodchuck Could Chuck Wood.

Add an "H" ="FAHRT" and you've got the German word for "drive" (as in a car)
Strange things - languages!

This is the smiley language, not a word spoken, but the meaning is quite clear! Try it......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?