Facebook, Twitter and Company.

Social Networks... There are hundreds out there. Only problem is, you have to be careful...
I just had the experience of following a link to a thing on Facebook, called "Ask a Frenchman" - frankly, it would be better named - "Order a Frenchman"!
I didn't really believe what I was reading. The simplest of questions (all of which seemed to remain unanswered as all the other questions) like what does "cc" mean in a flat rental advert, mainly posed by females who it seemed were already on the point of undressing to meet their "French lover", a photo of whom they had never seen.
Most of them were from Australia, USA, and they wished to have closer personal contact with "Frenchman" who I don't personally believe to be Gallic (possibly Welsh Wales) going on the English used.
That, also, is Facebook. You have to be careful, selective when choosing "friends". Comments that lead to photo pages where there are no photos, a great help, and completely beyond me why they exist, people who want to weep out homesickness and other personal problems, instead of going out and sorting it all out!
There are so many other places out there called "Contact" sites, but Facebook is a different way of doing it.
"Frenchman" is probably (if he is a man at all) out there, at this moment in time, bouncing up and down on an American or Australian bed!

Hopefully!
****
No slant or complaint to whoever "recommended" this link, it was informative! I am also quite content to continue with the small, but carefully chosen bunch of bandits I call "Friends or Amies" on Facebook, with a few exceptions. Now isn't that a compliment....?
Twitter is also similar - the last 10 or 12 messages I've received telling me that "So and So" is now following me on Twitter have finally shown (when I go to the profile-more information page) to actually have been "suspended"! A waste of my time, so precious!
All in all, I ask myself - "Contact" Sites, what use are they?
Doesn't really matter, because I don't use them, but many, many innocent and believing people do, and some even pay for the right!
Frightening really!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?