Yet another new thing - from Google...!

They never stop at Google. Sometimes it annoys me - just getting used to something that works well, and the "whizz kids" change it, and invariably it doesn't work for a while!
After the article yesterday about their "Google Chrome Operating System" I found out about "Google Lists"...
Although I'm still playing around with it myself, I'm still going to try to interest you for this new thing.
It all starts off with something I've used for a long time - "Google Bookmarks". You can find this under your page of "Google History". Many of you will already, like me, use this on a regular basis, but many others won't.
(Here is a link of how to get to yours. Just click on "sign in as a different user, enter your Google account details, click and off you go...)
 https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?hl=en&continue=https://www.google.com/history/&nui=1&service=hist&srr=1
On this programme, you can control your searches, and if you wish re-open pages you searched for in the past but which you neglected to bookmark. ALL your searches are stored here. You can also remove items, so when you've got that naughty site bookmarked on such and such a date, you can take it off.
Further down the same page, you'll see the "Bookmarks" tag.
This is much better than the other possibilities of bookmarking, because with "History" and "Bookmarks" on this one page, you can find anything you've EVER bookmarked or not, anything you've ever searched for (unless you've removed it) re-open it, you can drag and drop a logo - "Google Bookmarks" - to your various bars, so you don't spend hours looking for something, and so on. You can also "synchronise" your Bookmarks, in case you have more than one PC - Once synchronised, the same favourites will appear on ALL your PC's you've synchronised. A lot easier, beleive me!
Now to "Google Lists"...!
Here is a link to inform yourself (I couldn't do it better myself...!):
 http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2010/03/google-bookmarks-lists.html  - Just click on the link on the page (or this one here) to be taken to the real nitty-gritty:

Google Bookmarks Lists

Google tests a new interface for Google Bookmarks that lets you share your bookmarks. 

As I said, I'm still playing around with this, but it does seem to have all sorts of possibilities. Try it out yourselves, it's useful....!
I'm always interested in promoting Google, and anything else that's good and FREE! 
Why?  
Well - I find that being condemned to only one system that is relatively simple although very frustrating, "Microsoft Windows" , payable of course, and needing to be a super wizard to find your way through the jungle of the only free operating system "Linux" (with all it's versions) is irritatingly imbecilic! Once again, the problem with all the Linux versions is that any body can submit a programme - and they do. This means you're baffled by choice....!
So - when I see things like Google and all the services they offer and present, free of charge, all from one Account-I jump at the chance. Particularly when the programmes are easier to understand and better than the paying ones!
I've said before somewhere: 
"I prefer Google to have knowledge of me than Microsoft to have it. They've both got the information anyway, so what the hell!"
I doubt VERY much that I'll be around  but it's nice to know that IF I am, they've already planned it out for me.....!

iwmpop(mrlemarquis)             -             Vauvert, France          -        Octobre 2010



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?