1st of January....?

One of my favourite days in the year is today!
Being a good boy, I tend not to drink too much on the New Year Eve, so I'm able to jump out of my bed - full of life - for the first day of a new year.
I don't claim that I'm going to do that ALL year, but today ....yes!
Why?
Well I just love wandering around the village, looking at the very few people who are up and about, and looking at those that are still asleep, partly on the park benches or sometimes in the flower beds...! They come in all types..... and of all sexes
all three...!Some of them look really happy, and some of them are all alone....some are in pairs.....but ALL of them are fast asleep.... Good job really that it never gets so extremely cold here as further North!
Some are in states of "undress" and when they wake up, they'll wonder what happened and where they left certain articles of clothing!
Certain simply look stupid....and I can't imagine what pains they will have when they do wake up.......Then I pass on my way, considerately not making too much noise - I know from "Chicago" experiences what SOME people are like when they're woken up....!
Next observation point is the "Red eye Corner".....
That is....if you can find anyone who has their eyes OPEN......!Wonder if some girlies know what they look like on the first day of their new year........
or remember what they looked like - last night....
Others are still so far gone that you have to look twice.....
All in all, I amuse myself - royally - then I wander my weary way back home, and I start cooking things that would make all the people I have just seen immediately rush to the toilet!
I congratulate myself on my iron discipline, and reach for the vodka - Apéro time......!
Did YOU recognise yourself in this little piece.........?
*************
iwmpop(mr le marquis)    -          30600 Vauvert, France          -         1 Janvier 2011 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?