Amazing programmes.....!

http://www.googleartproject.com/
(click on the link or on the title of this article)
Google Appliance as shown at RSA Expo 2008 in ...Image via Wikipedia
It is quite astounding some of the things "Google" come up with, and I'm sure that I haven't seen them all...!
Every day there is something new that I stumble upon, and I'm always astounded with them.
I recall many years ago having a CD programme which took me onto virtuelle tours of many things worldwide, probably the only way I'd get to them nowadays, but this Google "art project is truly amazing.
You walk down as though you were there...you turn corners, you choose the different gallery - Exhibition rooms - you zoom in as though you walked towards the paintings.....
In fact, from my last visit to the Tate in London, I recall the "guard" screaming "stay behind the markings" and security has only got tighter since then.....!
OK - there's no tea room, but then there's no postcard sales either - you just click and take it with you.
There's no parking fees either, no entrance fees, no bus or taxi fares, and - as I recall, just a couple of feet away is the kitchen with a whole world of goodies - just waiting....!
Go on....treat yourself......

(iwmpop) mrlemarquis                   -              Vauvert, France            -         Février 2011
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?