A day in the year of.....

Well - seems that I lost a week somewhere!
I was just going to celebrate Karneval today when I thought it strange that there was nothing on the TV from Germany.
Yes - the French were going on about Carneval in Nice, something else went badly wrong in Rio, but nothing from Germany! Well - now I know why.....
I'm sure you all know about Carneval, Karneval, Fasching, Mardi Gras and all the rest, but did you know that one of the traditional table feasts on these days, at least in Germany, is this:     I have investigated with no success. I'm not sure, it could be "leberwurst" or "chocolate mousse", I think the little eyes are egg white rounds with black olive slices, on the other hand, it could be what you first thought - Karneval is a crazy time.....!
It comes from the Blog http://frauliebe.typepad.com/frauliebe/7-sachen/ (in German) but I can't find a description. It might interest French, American or British ladies to have a peek and see just how similar you all really are....!
In any case, the festivals are already here, and they'll last until "Maundy Thursday"  - next Tuesday will see the German males getting their ties cut off - symbolically (don't ask me for what) but since it's generally a tie the wife gave them for Christmas, it's not too much of a loss...strangely enough, I'm not aware of any "punishment" for the ladies - doesn't seem terribly correct does it.....

Anyway - sorry about the mistake - just wait a week, and................


Have a nice time......


Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?