Contrasts.


  The USA is a large country totally full of contrasts and, because of that, conflicts.

I've already commented on the eating habits, and - although there could be much more written on that subject, I think enough is enough...! I will be listing my items still to be partaken of, but they are getting lower and lower after our visit to "5 Guys" (hamburger with what are supposed to be the best french fries - I didn't think so, but there you are).  and a pancake house (Ihop) with probably the worst coffee in the world, the most horrible concoctions of breakfast pancakes with bacon - fried eggs and syrups and jam, whipped cream - all together - I guess everybody hopped after that........ 

To date, the best I've found are the "Diners" - they all have a large variety with enormous quantities, but don't be taken in  just because it says "Greek Diner" doesn't mean what it says.......that's where I got my Irish Stew, I guess because it has lamb in it, and the Greeks like lamb - so do I! Here is a selection taken in  various Diners:
this is a chicken sandwich- diner fashion....!

Irish stew - was nice!

diner again- Australian breakfast....?

Honestly have no idea....!
I've commented on the situation regarding the North American Indian, but only to a very small degree, and I've profited from their "rights" of sale duty free, as a kind of putting straight of dispossession, which actually turn out to be not "rights" at all, but - I am a guest in this country, and I try to comport myself as such. Just like it all and shut up......!
English: Native American girlEnglish: Native American girl (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Enhanced by Zemanta

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?