strange publicity tactics.

Blog Blogging animated GIFWell - I do my best, and I don't really think it sucks, but I had a strange experience recently.
I received a mail from something which will remain A. Nony. Mouse claiming to represent his client who shall also remain A. Nony. Mouse!
This client, a bank, had requested that a link to his Bank be removed from an article on my blog.  Since I make a point of promising to review any requests of this nature, I checked through, which took me quite some time and didn't please me
Argue Arguing animated GIF but I finally found the link, which had come, in fact, from the programme 'Zemanta' which searches subjects and photos as you type, and they are inserted as above, in blue or orange......OK - no problem, I simply took the link off, but WHY should a well known Bank have an agent who occupies himself uniquely with little known blogs like mine? All very strange particularly since 'Wikipaedia' shows a link and a page about this bank!
OK - so I'm happy to have had 40,000 visitors, but HAD I earned any money, I would certainly NOT have put it in said Bank! 
Another strange thing recently was the fact that although I have a 'g-mail' account which keeps (normally) 'spam' out of the inboxSpam Today animated GIFI twice received something telling me $600,000 was mine....! 
Of course you never open such mails, but it was strange that they were in the inbox! 
Maybe I was worth $600,000 and had lost my chance! 
On the other hand, maybe I was lucky and don't have to buy a new pc! 
There's never a dull moment with the internet...Addict Cartoon animated GIF

Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?