Christmas n' stuff...!

 Yes, it's December...
so there has to be some kind of decorating, but to do it, I'd have to go out in the cold, go to the outhouse where all those things that you never really need, but don't want to throw away, are stored for most of the year...dig around for ages to finally find those things now required, which have been 'reposing' since last December, just to finally say to yourself - 'is it worth it' - and return to the warmth of the living room, currently smelling of a 'ragout de veau' busily bubbling on the stove and giving off odours that are painfully tempting ,
Blanquette de veau printaniere.

 considering that Mr. le Marquis no longer has the right to something like a 'Beaujolais Nouveau' which would accompany a veal stew so well, and - ironically - would have been available at this period of the year in the Chateau...Doctor's orders says no, and He imposes them by arranging the daily visit of a Nurse, who takes blood pressure, arranges pills, gives showers and controls food and drink...! 
This year of 2020, which we are approaching the end of, has not been easy - for anyone, and it seems we are approaching the moment to make decisions.
Not me, a modest Marquis doesn't get to say - nowadays, anything concerning life and lifestyle of the 'plebs', which is why the World is in such a pitiful plight.
My biggest concern, is the order in which these infamous Vaccines are going to be administered.
By that, I mean WHO should be first in line?
There are various lines of thought.
Personally, I would propose the Politicians, simply because in the case of failure, it would be another one which should be attributed to them, and the World could do with a total change of direction, away from the extreme right, back towards a moderate, middle way. The politicians We have right now, worldwide, have filled their coffers - it's time for others to get the same chance. 1st in line, if the vaccine works, we're all in for years of abominations, if it doesn't - we can celebrate...!
The second proposal is 'those workers we need the most', like Doctor's, Nurses, Health care people and so on.
Well, I'm not too sure. If the vaccine works, then no problem at all, but - if it doesn't...? Don't we risk losing the very people we need the most...?
Third possibility is 'those in most need' - described as over 70's, living in Homes, and having health issues, together with the people taking care of them. 
The problem here is that if these people get any form of the illness, their state is such that death is not far away.
If the vaccine works, it would have to work with little or no side effects.
If it doesn't, then those in power risk being accused of 'genocide', or even of having used elderly people as guinea-pigs...!
Another problem for me is how I should treat those people, in my 'circle', who refuse the vaccination and who therefore remain a risk to me (vaccinated) and others (also vaccinated). 
Should I treat them as villains or what?  (These figures given are FALSE...!) 
But, if I have the vaccination, and he/she doesn't, and I fall ill having been in their presence, would they then be legally guilty of injuring me...?
 It's a bit like me, aristocrat and gentleman, accusing the executioner at the guillotine of murdering me, or at the very least of 'illegally exposing me to risks which led to my decease'...!
I suppose we'll find out soon which of the suggestions was the best, or we'll all be still in hiding, hoping the virus will go away...!

Happy Christmas....  Maybe!




  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last chance for Christmas - today only....!

The Empire is dead...Long live the Empire...?